By Chris Oddo | Friday, July 25, 2014
While doing a promotional appearance with the Toronto Blue Jays, Milos Raonic just may have invented a new sport. Find out more in the #MediaMash.
Photo Source: The Canadian Press
Things may have slowed down in the tennis world after Wimbledon, but there was plenty to get excited about on social media this week. Join us for a romp through what moved the needle in the tennis world this week…
1. They love their tennis in Canada, and they also love their hybrids. Watch here as Milos Raonic demonstrates the proper way to pitch in Canada’s fastest-rising sport, Tennisball. Or is it Fuzzball? Hmm…either way, facing a 140 MPH heater with movement is not a very appealing enterprise for any athlete.
2. It appears that the AELTC has finally received Rafa and Uncle Toni’s request to slow the Wimbledon surface down a bit. Unfortunately for the 14-time Grand Slam champion, they were a little late on actualization. And where is the net?
3. Boris’s next words, reportedly, were: “Are we done here? Let’s go to the casino. And somebody get me a cigar."
4. Taylor Townsend, that is what you get for whomping your partner in the head with a forehand. ICYMI, Townsend was forced to play doubles by herself when her partner, Liezel Huber, had to leave the court due to an injury sustained when nailed by a Townsend forehand during Thursday night's WTT Conference Finals between Philadelphia and Washington (Huber was diagnosed with a concussion during a visit to the ER). The results? Funny, but not pretty. Townsend managed a game point, but promptly double-faulted.
5. Raise your hands if you want one of these. How about Wimbledon allows fans to trade in their Wimbledon yearbooks for one?
6. Roger, showing his frail, human side. No way is he ever dropping that phone, btw…
7. The cuteness quotient is ridiculously high on this pic.
8. This picture explains without explaining why so many people love Juan Monaco. He’s in a cheese cathedral, and he’s making it look cooooooooool!
9. What can we say? It’s been a slow tennis week—enjoy!!!
10. Wait… is this a real photo? This has to be the most '80s, hair-bandy I’ve ever seen Rafa look. Very strange. Still looking forward to the sleeveless look though.
11. A very tender, soulful post from Ivan Ljubicic, and of course, the first comment on his Instagram feed? “Is that Milos?” Dude, Milos is like eight feet tall…