By Chris Oddo | Friday, August 8, 2014
While Gael Monfils was flying in Toronto, Jelena Jankovic was grounded by a broken bra strap in Montreal. It's all in the Friday 'Mash.
Photo Source: Live Stream
Things have picked up a notch in our tennis universe, as duel events in Toronto and Montreal have kicked in the North American hard court summer to high gear. Here’s what moved the needle on social media during the week.
1. Gael didn’t hang around too long in Toronto, but for the nearly three hours that he was on the court with Novak Djokovic for his second-round match, all the tennis world was smiling!
2. While Gael was taking care of entertaining responsibilities in Toronto, JJ had us covered in Montreal, as she had a fan help her fix her broken bra strap. This is not a joke.
3. Big battles were being fought off the court as well, and, as always, our thoughts and prayers were with Vicky Duval.
4. Glad to see Caro has taken up with a guy who is a little bit better looking than Rory.
5. That Milos Raonic—he can act! Watch how he nails his *line* in this Tennis Canada commercial.
6. Rafa, apparently, is training to become twice as fast, so he can win the U.S. Open without a backhand…
7. Weird, but we like weird. Happy 33, Roger!
8. Miss Sharapova awaits the arrival of the Sugarpova private jet so she can get the heck over to Cincinnati to start training!
9. Andrea Petkovic nearly freaked while watching Venus Williams and Angelique Kerber do battle on Thursday. That’s funny, we nearly freaked out, too. What a match!
10. Serena Williams’ dog, Chip, is going formal for the U.S. Open series.
11. (Because this one goes to 11) Ah, the good ol' days…