By Chris Oddo/ Friday, September 20, 2013
With our ears to the ground and our eyes on our monitors, we bring you the Tweets of the week.
Billie Jean King's historic anniversary and Andy Murray's surprise announcement moved the needle on
Twitter this week.
Photo Source: AP
1. Tennis is celebrating one of the crowning achievements of one of its greatest heroes today, as the venerable, inimitable Billie Jean King celebrates the 40th anniversary of her game-changing, world-changing thrashing of Bobby Riggs.
2. And on the WTA Tour, the women were over in Asia, ready to earn some of that prize money that Billie Jean and the "Original 9" made possible...
3. Meanwhile, Andy Murray was gearing up for an extra long stay at home after the back surgery that he is due to have next week. I guess he thinks his girlfriend Kim Sears will take pity on him and let him have his fun.
And kudos to Andy for the nice pun:
4. Tommy Haas hanging out with America's third-richest man. I guess things could be worse...
5. Any dog lover is a friend of ours. Jarmila Gajdosova's photogenic black lab contrasts those yellow balls in the hopper quite nicely.
6. Oh, that Andy Roddick. Either he's drunk dancing or watching Maury Povich. We don't know which is worse, but we do know that neither is particularly good...
7. A rain-loving tennis player? Just when we thought we'd seen everything.