By Chris Oddo/ Friday, August 16, 2013
With our eyes on our monitors and our ears to the ground, we bring you this week's tweets of the week:
1. It's official: Maria Sharapova and Jimmy Connors have split after one match. Jimmy will be fine as long as he has his dogs (and some spirits).
2. And yes, the twitterverse will be more than fine, and typically snarky, too:
3. Did I mention snarky?
4. Meanwhile, fans of Sharapova are brimming with hope regardless of her puzzlingly bad loss to Sloane Stephens in Cincinnati this week.
5. And Marion Bartoli, well, she's had enough of coaches, she's had enough of tennis, and now that her last half squat is done, she's had enough of weight training, too.
6. As for the rest of us, we'll miss you Marion!
7. On to more serious matters... what the heck is "Candy Crush?" Oh forget it, I don't want to know.
8. This just in: Maria Kirilenko is now 12 feet tall!
9. This also just in: Roger Federer has a really small racquet head and a really big trophy case. He'll be fine, no matter what racquet he's got in his bag.
10. Next stop: top 10?