By Chris Oddo | Friday, August 22, 2014
Getting served cheesecake by Agnieszka Radwanska? Well a tennis fan can dream. This and more in the #MediaMash.
Photo Source: Cheesecake Factory
It’s the week before the US Open and promotional tennis-related activities reached a fever pitch this week in the big apple. Here’s a slice of what moved the needle as we ramp up preparations for the year’s final Grand Slam.
1. The tournament doesn’t start for three days, but Serena Williams may have hit the shot of the 2014 US Open on David Letterman Thursday night.
2. Ice, ice baby… Good call Novak. With so many awesome ice bucket challenges floating around the internet, who can choose just one. We bring you this compilation, courtesy of WTA DPT, via You Tube >>>
3. Carving up droppers on the court, carving up sushi off. Is there anything Dustin Brown can’t do to wow us? And extra points for the apron.
4. Laura, you’ve got too much time on your hands.
5. Genie Bouchard’s selfie with the Pope was cool, but it’s got nothing on this gem by Alla Kudryavtseva.
6. The ninja serving cheesecake to fans? We’re guessing she carved the slices with her trusty Babolat?
7. John Isner, way back when he was only 6’ 3” tall.
8. Is that Sloane Stephens? For a minute we thought it was Rocky Balboa! Would be great if she drank a glass of raw eggs before the pushups.
9. Andrea Petkovic, proving that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand videos.
10. When you’re the maestro, even the fans are “Fed fans.”
11. Because this one goes to 11! As Retweeted by Dustin Brown Tennis… span>